I thought I’d take this opportunity to ask a question about what you review and what you want to see when you visit other book blogs: new releases, back catalog titles or both?
Though I try to keep up with and review as many new releases as possible, I also enjoy sharing old favorites and books / authors that are new to me, even if they’ve been around forever. After all, I figure if I only just discovered someone there are undoubtedly other readers out there who’d also like an introduction as well.
What do you think? Do only new release reviews matter to you, or is it important to review old favorites and back catalog titles with an eye toward exposing them to readers who may not have encountered them before? Leave a comment with your thoughts and you’ll be entered to win the following prize pack (<= photo):
- An ARC of The Sky Is Everywhere by debut author Jandy Nelson (trade paperback)
- The Suspect, first in the Karl Alberg series by L.R. Wright (trade paperback)
- Dust to Dust, second in Tami Hoag’s Kovac & Liska series (paperback)
- Fang, sixth and most recent book in the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson (hardcover)
- An ivory/brown striped canvas tote bag (new, just took it out of the wrapper for the photo)
As you can see, in the spirit of the new release vs. back catalog conversation I’ve included a little bit of everything on the spectrum, as well as a tote bag for you to carry your beach books in! Please be sure to include your email address or website link with your comment so I have a way to contact the winner. Contest is open to US/Canada.
Thanks for stopping by. Please have a look around Musings of an All Purpose Monkey, and then be sure to go visit another Got Books? event participating blog site!